Yeah I'll have a vegan French Toast Smoothie please.

Smoothies are those drinks for lazy people who don’t want to chew their food... Okay kidding, I absolutely love them. I actually prefer them over juices since you get to keep all of the fibre and nutrients inside. They can get a bit boring thought if you get into the whole vanilla/banana/chocolate routine. I almost always use bananas as my smoothie base, but since I had none at home and had lots of avocados, I decided to go for a rich avocado smoothie instead. I found a bunch of recipes for french toast smoothies and they caught my attention. “How the heck do you get your smoothie to taste like bread dipped in some sweet egg cream drizzled with maple syrup? And how do you keep it vegan?!” Well, it is possible with a few flakes of nutritional yeast and some nutmeg;)
*I went by the recipe from http://www.produceonparade.com/french-toast-smoothie/ and adapted it a little after making it a few times. Don’t get discouraged by those ingredients and in no way do not omit them in this recipe if you want that distinct french toast flavor.

Ingredients:
1 cup almond milk
1/4 avocado (frozen)
1/2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (flakes)
1 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. ground flax seed
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg (I actually used the nutmeg flower flakes, of which you need even less since it is very strong)
pinch of sea salt
– Blend away to perfection and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts